Applications are now closed.
Dependents of Boilermaker members are eligible for scholarships of up to $5,000. Beginning in 2022, the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers awards up to $100,000 worth of scholarships to dependents of members, including those in Canada and the U.S.
Scholarship awards are based upon a variety of factors, including academic achievement, extra-curricular and outside school activities, career goals, and performance on a typed essay.
Boilermaker scholarships are open to high school seniors who will be entering their first year of academic study at a degree-granting, accredited college or university within one year of their high school graduation and are dependents of Boilermaker members in good standing (includes son, daughter, legally adopted child or dependent of a member in good standing).
Scholarship candidates must submit all of the following:
- The completed online Scholarship Application
- Proof of relationship or dependency to a Boilermaker member*
- Official high school transcript
- A 350 word (minimum) to 500 word (maximum) typed essay on the following topic
What makes you proud to be part of a Boilermaker family?
* Applicants must submit proof of relationship or dependency to the Boilermaker member in the form of a copy of their birth certificate, proof of legal adoption, tax return, or current health insurance coverage, via secure upload or mail (postmarked by March 1, 2023) to:
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
753 State Avenue, Suite 570
Kansas City, KS 66101
Applications submitted and mailed documents postmarked after the March 1, 2023 deadline cannot be considered.
Please read the Rules for Eligibility and Procedures for Application and Selection for the complete list of rules.
2022 Scholarship Results
Resources for Local Lodges
The following resources are available for distribution at your Local Lodge.